Friday, June 27, 2014

308.2 Disappointment and Fitbit

How I feel about the recent weight loss success stories.
Yes, I am feeling discouraged now.  I know diets take a lot of weight off at first and then level off and that
there are many factors involved, chiefly, muscle gain can slow overall weight gain down.  I am aware.  This week, I have been settling into a workout routine.  I've been doing a bit of strength training and yoga on the wii (10 different workout poses) and walking a mile around my town home complex. I'm trying to get in 5,000 steps a day, but since I'm not working and I sit around all day, I'm not meeting that goal all the time.  Now I'm considering that the workout poses on the wii are too much.  Maybe I should just stick to walking?  I'm supposed to be dropping the weight super fast, but since Monday, I've lost a little over a pound.  When it was flying off me, I was sure that I was going to be in the 200's today.  It's all just a little disheartening. . . .

So how do you cheer up a chubby without food?  NEW STUFF!!  How do I make a long story short? . . . Just read this part really fast:

In January 2013, my husband succumbed to my pleading and got me a Fitbit One as a late Christmas present (burgundy, to be exact).  I clipped that puppy to my bra and had so many wonderful adventures.  Somehow knowing that there is a device on you measuring your activity just makes you want to be more active, you know?  Sure, it was uncouth of me to have to reach into my bra and fish it out just to show my friends my new toy, but it was AMAZING!  It had a little screen on it that gave me up to date readings on my steps, flights of stairs, and sleep? (I think?) Thee was even a flower that showed you your progress, and it would say cute things to me like "Way to go, Katie!" "You can do it!"  I loved that thing.

Well, about five months in, the spot where I kept the fitbit started to get sore, and truth be told, I started to become concerned about microwaves and breast cancer.  I thought maybe I should try a different spot to see if it would get sore there, too.  So one day, I put fitbit on the right side of my bra by my arm just to see if that would make a difference.  By mid afternoon, it was gone.  Gone.  Sadness.  Despair.  Gone.

Cut to a week ago when a friend suggested to me that I contact Fitbit Customer Support.  Against all reason, Fitbit decided to give me a new one.  WHAT??  It's been over a year!  I guess they are just that cool.  I asked them if they could send me a wristband model instead of another One b/c I was afraid of losing it, but they said they couldn't do that.  Know what I did?  When it came in the mail yesterday,  I went to Best Buy and traded it in for a teal Fitbit Flex!  WHOOT!  This one doesn't have the cool screen, but it does sync with my phone so I can get all the same info (maybe without the encouraging words).  SO EXCITED!!   It really is helping me forget about how bummed I am with my weight plateau.


No comments:

Post a Comment