Wednesday, June 11, 2014

326 lbs Asking For Help


I have done the unthinkable.  I have gone to a dietitian for help.  I think my last few posts have highlighted my despair when it comes to losing weight.  I'm just not good at staying on track.  Hopefully, going to a Dr. whom I have to PAY will help me focus.  I have signed up for the Center of Nutrition and Preventative Medicine.  It actually was my doctor that suggested I give it a try, and Obama's health care reform actually made it possible for my insurance to cover a good chunk of it!

I went in seven months ago to have a free consultation, but because our Flex Plan card was almost used up, Rick wanted me to wait until April when the plan would roll over again.  April was stupid busy, so I had plenty of reasons to put it off until later.  Well, later has come!

Today I went in for a fitness and agility test, blood test, and other things.  They took and EKG, which I had to admit I had no idea what that really was.  I had heard about it on TV, but didn't know it was the sticky things they put all over and attach to a thing to monitor your heart.  Okay.  I don't know if this time will really work for me, but here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment