Friday, December 5, 2014

233.2 Living in transition: Body issues that come with losing weight

I haven't checked my weight in almost a week, so it's entirely possible I have lost 100 lbs since JUNE!!! That's six months, people!!!!  Well, I'm amazed.  I'm a little overwhelmed, too.  Yesterday, my sister and my friend, Jenelle, were on Voxer with me and the question came up about my self image and how much it had changed.  Jenelle says it's a big problem for people who lose a bunch of weight very quickly.  I don't know if I have changed my view of who I am as a core individual, but I do feel different.  All of my clothes are too big on me.  I can squeeze into tighter spaces.  Jumping, jogging, and movement in general no longer intimidate me.  My knees don't hurt anymore, except for the occasional rainy day. . .  My back hurts all the time, though.  Wonder what that's about?

Well, for all the good weight loss is doing for me, I will say I still have body issues, maybe even more than I had before.  See, before I never really looked at my body unless I was trying to convince myself it wasn't so bad.  I would look at myself, pick up my rolls and jiggle them around a bit, slap my butt and watch the waves of fat ripple, and I would say to myself, "Well, Rick still finds this attractive!" and go on with my day.  I never burst out into tears or was saddened at all by what I saw.  It was just me.  Now that I've lost at least 97 lbs, I'm more conscious of what my body is doing.  I'm still overweight (of course) but now my fat is just limply hanging there instead of making me shapely and curvy.  My boobs!  Oh, my boobs are so deflated.  They look okay when I'm wearing a bra, but I'm going freestyle, they just lay flat against my upper stomach.  My arms look thin at first glance, then you see the wiggle hanging below.  My thighs are sagging, too.  I don't know, it's just a catastrophe right now.  It would help if I would work out, but I'm going through my "I don't feel like working out" phase of the year.  I'll come out of it in January, surely.  I don't know, it's like the thinner I get, the more disappointed I am when I look in the mirror.

Okay, pity party over!  I'm now in my 230's and life is great!  Really.  I promise!  Dr. Tague's diet has really worked wonders.  I feel better equipped now to lose weight, and I feel like I really can keep it off.  I also feel like I have a backup plan for if or when the weight starts to creep back on.  I know what to do to lose it again.  8 servings of lean protein, 5 cups of raw veggies (1/2 of that for cooked), 4 servings of fruit, per day.  Actually, I'm not all that scientifically accurate about the fruits and veggies because I feel like I shouldn't limit the good for me foods, but I pretty much stick to the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment